We do not and will not sell, share, trade or otherwise distribute your name or any of your personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. Your information is kept private. This policy applies to all information received by the SPCA of Wake County, both online and offline.
Our Dog Walk participant fundraising page allows you to enter and/or upload your contact lists with names and contact information in order to send emails or texts (mobile) to your friends, from your participant page. This information is kept in your participant information and is used for the sole purpose of sending emails or texts that you initiate. SPCA Wake does not and will not use this information in any other way.
1. What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through our web site
2. That only the SPCA of Wake County will collect such information;
3. How the SPCA of Wake County will use such information;
4. An assurance that the SPCA of Wake County does not, and will not, sell or share your information with any other organization;
5. What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
6. What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
7. and, How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, address, interests, and similar information. We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card numbers.
Internet Protocol Address: We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, and deliver content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
All information provided to the SPCA of Wake County is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of the SPCA of Wake County. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Other Web Sites:
Our web site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which the SPCA Wake has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.